Gyöngyvér Bulz has been with Colorado Associates in Medical Physics (CAMP) since 2002. She specializes in therapeutic medical physics and is certified through the American Board of Radiology. Gyöngyvér is one of five partners within CAMP.
As a Clinical Medical Physicist, Gyöngyvér works with various treatment units including, but not limited to, Varian 21EX, Trilogy, and Truebeam Linear Accelerators, Varian Afterloader, Accuray Cyberknife, Tomotherapy, and Pantak Superficial. She has experience with external beam therapies, brachytherapy, HDR planning, prostate seed planting, stereotactic patients, dosimetry review, image fusion and dose accumulation, machine commissioning as well as R&V systems. As a Radiation Safety Officer, Gyöngyvér completes Landauer monitoring, radiation safety training, I-131 treatments, and breast seed localizations.
Gyöngyvér completed her Bachelor of Science in Theoretical Physics at The West University of Timisoara, Romania and her Masters of Science in Therapeutical Medical Physics at University of Calgary in Canada.
Gyöngyvér grew up in Transylvania, in Romania. She, her husband, Liviu, and their son, Raul, moved to Canada in 1995. She worked in Romania teaching high school physics and in industry. With her strong theoretical physics background, Gyöngyvér decided to change carriers in Canada and pursuing her dreams of working in the medical field. When the opportunity to work for CAMP came up in 2002, Gyöngyvér and her husband moved to Colorado Springs. Life can’t be better when one works the job of their dream in one of the most beautiful places on earth.
Presentations and Publications
- “Significant Underdosing Of Small Lung Lesions Using Ray-Trace Algorithm” Gyöngyvér Bulz, M.S.; Alan T. Monroe, M.D.; Greg L Gibbs, M.S.; Anuj V. Peddada, M.D.; Gerald A. White, M.S. Cyberknife Society Annual Meeting, SanFrancisco, February 2011
- “CyberKnife radiosurgery for trigeminal neuralgia: unanticipated iatrogenic effect following successful treatment.; Peddada AV, Sceats DJ, White GA, Bulz G, Gibbs GL, Switzer B, Anderson S, Monroe AT.; J Neurosurg. 2011 Jul 15.
- “Rapid assessment of Cyberknife IRIS variable Collimator performance using a commercial diode array”. Gregory L. Gibbs, M.S., Gerald A. White, M.S., Gyöngyvér Bulz, M.S., American Association of Physicists in Medicine Annual Meeting July 2012. (Poster presentation).
- “Sensitivity of a Commercial Diode Array for Use in the Rapid Assesment of Cyberknife IRIS Variable Collimator Pervormance”. Gregory L. Gibbs, M.S., Gerald A. White, M.S., Gyöngyvér Bulz, M.S., Kate Dikeman, M.S., Radiosurgery Society Annual Meeting February 2013. (Poster presentation).
- “Outcomes Following a Community Based Program of Accelerated Partial Breat Irraditation Using HDR Brachytherapy in Early Stage Breast Cancer”. Anuj V. Peddada, Laura K. Pomeranke, James Young, Gyongyver Bulz, Alan T. Monroe. Brachytherapy (Impact Factor: 1.22). 10:S42. DOI:10.1016/j.brachy.2011.02.063
- Task Group 127 (member): Maintenance of Certification, ACMP 25th Annual Meeting, Seatle, WA May 2008