Renee was raised in the Florida panhandle and spent summers in the New York Fingers Lake Region, where both her parents grew up. Following graduation in 2007, Renee took her first job in academia at the University of Washington (Seattle, WA) where she achieved America Board of Radiology (ABR) board certification in Diagnostic Medical Physics and clinical research experience. Prior to moving to Colorado, Renee worked as the Director of Medical Physics at Texas Health Resources in Dallas-Ft Worth, then joined the Colorado Associates in Medical Physics (CAMP) team in 2017. Renee provides Medical Physics and Radiation Safety Officer (RSO) support for the south-Denver to Colorado Springs geographical region.
Renee maintains an active membership with the following national organizations: American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM), the American College of Radiology (ACR), and is a diplomat for the American Board of Radiology (ABR). She currently serves as a CT reviewer for the ACR CTAP accreditation program and as an ABR volunteer as a Part III Oral Examiner for the Diagnostic Medical Physics Program.
Renee’s family moved to Colorado to take advantage of the year-round outdoors adventures. With three young boys and an energetic rescue dog (Moses), she and her husband, Jack, aim to be outside enjoying the sun or snow whenever possible.
Renee is primarily involved in research projects with a clinical or practical emphasis, often focused on process-driven implementation/improvement or radiation dose monitoring in computed tomography and fluoroscopy.
- Clinical coverage (annual physics surveys, image quality troubleshooting) for all imaging modalities including Mammography (MQSA qualified inspector), MRI, CT, Nuclear Medicine, PET
- Renee supports ACR accreditation in all advanced imaging modalities
- Support installation and implementation of Dose Monitoring Software for two hospital systems (direct experience with Imalogix, Radimetrics, and Dose Watch)
- Radiation Safety Officer (RSO) with prior experience servicing as an RSO on a Broad-scope license
- Authorized Medical Physicist (AMP, Y-90 Sirtex), experience with I-125 radioactive seed localization (RSL), and prior experience with I-125 eye plaques (COMS)
- Experience is supporting hospital staff for all regulatory and accreditation body inspections (e.g. ACR, TJC, CDPHE)
- SMS Medical Physics, December 2008, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
- S Physics, May 2005, Stetson University, Deland, FL
- Gress, D.A, et al. AAPM Medical Physics Practice Guideline 6.a. Performance Characteristics of Radiation Dose Index Monitoring Software. Journal of Applied Clinical Medical Physics. 2017; 18 (4):12–22.
- Dickinson, R.L., Zamora, D.A., Kanal, K.M., and Stewart, B.K. Estimated Skin Dose Look-up Tables and their Effect on Dose Awareness in the Fluoroscopy-Guided Imaging Suite. American Journal of Roentgenology. 2014 September; 203(3):630-6.
- Peterson, E.C, Kanal, K.M., Dickinson, R.L., Stewart, B.K., and Kim, L.J. Radiation-Induced Complications in Endovascular Neurosurgery: Incidence of Skin Effects and the Feasibility of Estimating Risk of Future Tumor Formation. Neurosurgery. NEU-D-12-00678R1
- Dickinson, R.L., Erwin W.D., Stevens, D.M., Bidaut, L., Mar, M.V., Macapinlac, H., Wendt, R.E. Hybrid Modality Fusion of Planar Scintigrams and CT Topograms to Localize Sentinel Lymph Nodes in Breast Lymphoscintigraphy: Technical Description and Phantom Studies. International Journal of Molecular Imaging. Volume 2011. Article ID 298102.
- Mar, M.V., Dickinson, R.L., Erwin, W.D., and Wendt, III, R.E.. Optimal 57Co flood source activity and acquisition time for lymphoscintigraphy localization images. Journal of Nuclear Medicine Technology 36 (2):82-87. 2008.
Renee is the Director of the Imaging Residency and is a mentor for CAMP’s residency program overseeing the “Orientation,” “General Diagnostic II,” and “General Diagnostic III” rotations. You can find her biosketch here: Renee Butler Biosketch