After originally joining CAMP in 2013, Nathan briefly departed CAMP before quickly returning in 2020. He is board certified through the American Board of Radiology in Diagnostic Radiological Physics and Nuclear Medical Physics. He is also board certified through the American Board of Science in Nuclear Medicine in Nuclear Medicine Physics and Instrumentation. Nathan serves as the Clinical Lead in Diagnostic Medical Physics, with responsibilities for standardization and adoption of new ideas across our Diagnostic Work.Nathan specializes in radiation physics, quality control of diagnostic and nuclear medicine imaging equipment, and shielding calculations for radiation producing machines and nuclear medicine facilities. He serves as Radiation Safety Officer and is an Authorized Medical Physicist for Y-90 Sirsphere and Therasphere procedures. He is a state of Colorado registered medical physicist for all diagnostic applications including MQSA approval.Nathan completed his Bachelor of Arts in Physics and Mathematics at Transylvania University and his Masters of Science in Diagnostic Medical Physics at Vanderbilt University. He also completed a Clinical Residency in Imaging Physics at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Nathan is based in Denver, CO.
- N Busse, X Liu, J Rong, D Gauntt. “Radiographic and Mammographic Systems.” Published as an RSNA/AAPM Radiology Physics Educational Module, (2015).
- N Busse, W Erwin, T Pan, “Evaluation of a semi-automated lung mass calculation technique for internal dosimetry applications,” Med. Phys. 40(12), (2013).
PRESENTATIONS AND POSTERS
- N Busse, “Professional and Practical Challenges in Y-90 Microspheres,” presented at the Virtual 2020 AAPM Annual Meeting TH-C-Track 6 Y-90 Physician and Physicist Perspectives.
- N Busse, “The Portable O’s: O-arms and Mobile CT Scanners,” presented at the Virtual 2020 AAPM Spring Clinical Meeting.
- N Busse, B Lofton, J Stickel, “Patient Dose Estimates After Lactated Ringer’s Related Breakthrough of Rubidium-82 Generator,” presented as an Imaging Blue Ribbon ePoster at the Virtual 2020 AAPM Annual Meeting BReP-SNAP-I-38.
- N Busse, K McCullough, S Franz, N Bunda-Randall, “Standardizing I-131 Outpatient Risk Stratification and Workflows,” presented as an ePoster at the Virtual 2020 AAPM Annual Meeting PO-GeP-P-22.
- N Busse, “How to Prepare for and Navigate the Board Certification Process in Diagnostic and Nuclear Imaging: Nuclear Parts 2 + 3,” presented at the 2017 AAPM Annual Meeting, TU-B-PinS Room/Hall C-03, Denver, Colorado.
- N Busse, “Review of Quality Control for the Imaging Technologist,” presented at the 2016 Colorado Society of Radiologic Technologists and Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging Pacific Northwest Chapter National Radiologic Technology Week Fall Seminar, Denver, Colorado.
- N Busse, “Attenuation of PET/CT Gantries with 511 keV Photons,” presented at the 2015 AAPM Annual Meeting, PET, PET/CT, PET/MR SU-D-201-1, Anaheim, California.
- N Busse, L Page, P Hou, D Reeve, “Effects of Normalization, Filtration, and Distortion correction Options on MRI ACR Phantom Images,” presented as a poster at the 2013 AAPM Annual Meeting, Junior Investigator Symposium SU-E-I-67, Indianapolis, Indiana.
- V Junejea, N Busse, AK Jones, “A Methodology to Estimate Radiation Dose Reported On a Personal Radiation Monitor,” presented at the 2013 AAPM Annual Meeting, Young Investigator Symposium, Radiography/Fluoroscopy TU-A-116-8, Indianapolis, Indiana.
- N Busse, W Erwin, T Pan, “Effect of CT acquisition parameters on a lung-mass estimation algorithm,” presented at the 2013 Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, Data Analysis and Management II, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
- N Busse, W Erwin, T Pan, “Evaluation of a CT-Based, Semi-Automated Lung Mass Estimation Method Under Varying Acquisition Conditions,” presented at the 2012 AAPM Annual Meeting, Young Investigator Symposium, X-ray and CT Imaging SU-C-218-6, Charlotte, North Carolina.