Nathan Busse has been with Colorado Associates in Medical Physics (CAMP) since 2013. He is board certified through the American Board of Radiology in Diagnostic Radiological Physics and Nuclear Medical Physics. He has also board certified through the American Board of Science in Nuclear Medicine in Nuclear Medicine Physics and Instrumentation.
Nathan specializes in radiation physics, quality control of diagnostic and nuclear medicine imaging equipment, and shielding calculations for radiation producing machines and nuclear medicine facilities. He contributes to clinical support of Medical Imaging departments throughout the Denver metro area by performing equipment testing on all modalities, consulting on protocols, acting as Radiation Safety Officer, and serving as Authorized Medical Physicist for Y-90 Sirsphere and Therasphere procedures. He is a state of Colorado registered medical physicist for all diagnostic applications including MQSA approval.
Nathan completed his Bachelor of Arts in Physics and Mathematics at Transylvania University and his Masters of Science in Diagnostic Medical Physics at Vanderbilt University. He also completed a Clinical Residency in Imaging Physics at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Nathan is based in Denver, CO.
- N Busse, X Liu, J Rong, D Gauntt. “Radiographic and Mammographic Systems.” Published as an RSNA/AAPM Radiology Physics Educational Module, (2015).
- N Busse, W Erwin, T Pan, “Evaluation of a semi-automated lung mass calculation technique for internal dosimetry applications,” Med. Phys. 40(12), (2013).
PRESENTATIONS AND POSTERS
- N Busse, “How to Prepare for and Navigate the Board Certification Process in Diagnostic and Nuclear Imaging: Nuclear Parts 2 + 3,” presented at the 2017 AAPM Annual Meeting, TU-B-PinS Room/Hall C-03, Denver, Colorado.
- N Busse, “Review of Quality Control for the Imaging Technologist,” presented at the 2016 Colorado Society of Radiologic Technologists and Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging Pacific Northwest Chapter National Radiologic Technology Week Fall Seminar, Denver, Colorado.
- N Busse, “Attenuation of PET/CT Gantries with 511 keV Photons,” presented at the 2015 AAPM Annual Meeting, PET, PET/CT, PET/MR SU-D-201-1, Anaheim, California.
- N Busse, L Page, P Hou, D Reeve, “Effects of Normalization, Filtration, and Distortion correction Options on MRI ACR Phantom Images,” presented as a poster at the 2013 AAPM Annual Meeting, Junior Investigator Symposium SU-E-I-67, Indianapolis, Indiana.
- V Junejea, N Busse, AK Jones, “A Methodology to Estimate Radiation Dose Reported On a Personal Radiation Monitor,” presented at the 2013 AAPM Annual Meeting, Young Investigator Symposium, Radiography/Fluoroscopy TU-A-116-8, Indianapolis, Indiana.
- N Busse, W Erwin, T Pan, “Effect of CT acquisition parameters on a lung-mass estimation algorithm,” presented at the 2013 Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, Data Analysis and Management II, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
- N Busse, W Erwin, T Pan, “Evaluation of a CT-Based, Semi-Automated Lung Mass Estimation Method Under Varying Acquisition Conditions,” presented at the 2012 AAPM Annual Meeting, Young Investigator Symposium, X-ray and CT Imaging SU-C-218-6, Charlotte, North Carolina.