Kate Lofton has been with Colorado Associates in Medical Physics (CAMP) since 2010. She specializes in therapeutic medical physics and is certified through the American Board of Radiology. Kate is one of five partners within CAMP and serves as our President.
Kate completed her Bachelor of Science in Chemistry at Georgetown College in Georgetown, Kentucky and her Masters of Science in Radiological Medical Physics at University of Kentucky in Lexington. She completed her Clinical Residency at University of Louisville’s Brown Cancer Center.
Kate grew up in Indiana, but is a Kentucky girl at heart and will always bleed blue. In her free time you can find her teaching her children the C-A-T-S cheer for University of Kentucky Wildcats or watching Indianapolis Colts football! She enjoys hiking and skiing with her family while exploring the mountains of Colorado. She resides with her husband, Brad, and their three children in Colorado Springs.
Presentations and Publications
- “Poor Man’s Knowledge Based Planning for Solitary SRS Brain and SBRT Lung Lesions.” O.Blasi, K. McCullough, K. Lofton. Poster presented at AAPM 2017
- “Measured I-125 Contamination in I-123.” B. Lofton, G. Gibbs, J. Stickel, K. Lofton. Poster presented at AAPM 2017
- “Sensitivity of a Commercial Diode Array for Use in the Rapid Assesment of Cyberknife IRIS Variable Collimator Performance”. G. Gibbs, G. White, G. Bulz, K. Dikeman; Poster presented at Radiosurgery Society Annual Meeting February 2013
- “Comparison of tissue characterization curves for different CT scanners: implication in proton therapy treatment planning” Translational Cancer Research. C. Cheng, L. Zhao, M. Wolanski, Q. Zhao, J. James, K. Dikeman, M. Mills, M. Li, S. Srivastava, X. Lu, I. Das. Vol 1:4. December 2012; Abstracts presented at 2010 AAPM Meeting
- “Technical Note: Novel Treatment Technique for Conjuctival Lymphoma of the Eye” Medical Physics. K. Dikeman, M. Mills. 37:3316. 2010; Poster presented at 2010 AAPM meeting
- “Shielding Assessment of a Mobile Electron Accelerator for Intraoperative Radiotherapy” A. Krechetov, D. Goer, K. Dikeman, J. Daves, M. Mills Journal of Applied Medical Physics; 11:4; p.263-273. July 2010; Update of a previous shielding paper due to physical updates on the Mobetron Unit
- “Definitive Single-Fraction Accelerated Balloon Breast Brachytherapy: A Dosimetric Feasibility Study” K. Dikeman, A. Dragun. 2009; Abstract presented at ASTRO for 2009 meeting
- “Investigation of EDR-2 Film as a Dosimeter of Matchline Dose for Scalp Cancer Patients Undergoing Electron Treatment” K. Dikeman, J. Ashburn. 2005; Presentation for Senior Chemistry Seminar, November 2005