Kate Lofton has been with Colorado Associates in Medical Physics (CAMP) since 2010. She specializes in therapeutic medical physics and is certified through the American Board of Radiology. Kate is one of five partners within CAMP and serves as our President.
As a Clinical Medical Physicist, Kate works with various treatment units including, but not limited to, Varian 21EX, Trilogy, and Truebeam Linear Accelerators, Varian Afterloader, Accuray Cyberknife, Tomotherapy, and Pantak Superficial. She has experience with external beam therapies, brachytherapy, HDR planning, prostate seed planting, stereotactic patients, dosimetry review, image fusion and dose accumulation, as well as R&V systems and intraoperative radiotherapy. As a Radiation Safety Officer, Kate completes Landauer monitoring, radiation safety training, I-131 treatments, and breast seed localizations.
Kate completed her Bachelor of Science in Chemistry at Georgetown College in Georgetown, Kentucky and her Masters of Science in Radiological Medical Physics at University of Kentucky in Lexington. She completed her Clinical Residency at University of Louisville’s Brown Cancer Center.
Kate grew up in Indiana, but is a Kentucky girl at heart and will always bleed blue. In her free time you can find her teaching her children the C-A-T-S cheer for University of Kentucky Wildcats or watching Indianapolis Colts football! She and her husband, Brad, reside in Colorado Springs.
Presentations and Publications
- “Sensitivity of a Commercial Diode Array for Use in the Rapid Assesment of Cyberknife IRIS Variable Collimator Performance”. G. Gibbs, G. White, G. Bulz, K. Dikeman; Poster presented at Radiosurgery Society Annual Meeting February 2013
- “Comparison of tissue characterization curves for different CT scanners: implication in proton therapy treatment planning” Translational Cancer Research. C. Cheng, L. Zhao, M. Wolanski, Q. Zhao, J. James, K. Dikeman, M. Mills, M. Li, S. Srivastava, X. Lu, I. Das. Vol 1:4. December 2012; Abstracts presented at 2010 AAPM Meeting
- “Technical Note: Novel Treatment Technique for Conjuctival Lymphoma of the Eye” Medical Physics. K. Dikeman, M. Mills. 37:3316. 2010; Poster presented at 2010 AAPM meeting
- “Shielding Assessment of a Mobile Electron Accelerator for Intraoperative Radiotherapy” A. Krechetov, D. Goer, K. Dikeman, J. Daves, M. Mills Journal of Applied Medical Physics; 11:4; p.263-273. July 2010; Update of a previous shielding paper due to physical updates on the Mobetron Unit
- “Definitive Single-Fraction Accelerated Balloon Breast Brachytherapy: A Dosimetric Feasibility Study” K. Dikeman, A. Dragun. 2009; Abstract presented at ASTRO for 2009 meeting
- “Investigation of EDR-2 Film as a Dosimeter of Matchline Dose for Scalp Cancer Patients Undergoing Electron Treatment” K. Dikeman, J. Ashburn. 2005; Presentation for Senior Chemistry Seminar, November 2005