Jen Stickel has been with Colorado Associates in Medical Physics (CAMP) since 2007. She specializes in radiation physics and quality control of diagnostic and nuclear medicine imagining equipment. She is certified through the American Board of Radiology. Jen is one of five partners within CAMP and serves as our Chief Client Relations Officer.
As a Medical Physicist with CAMP, Jen completes medical physics support including state inspection of radiographic systems, fluoroscopic systems, analytic x-ray machines, and industrial x-ray machines. She is a qualified inspector with the state of Colorado. In addition to those inspections, Jen performs annual inspections of MRI machines and acceptance testing and annual physics checks of nuclear medicine cameras and PET/CT cameras. She completes radiation monitoring as well as shielding design and verifications. She advises clients on proper radiation safety in both x-ray and nuclear medicine departments.
Jen completed her Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering at Boston University and completed her Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering at University of California-Davis.
Jen is based in Denver, Colorado.
Presentations and Publications
- Fu L, Stickel J., Badawi R., Qi J. 2007. Quantitative accuracy of penalized-likelihood reconstruction for ROI activity estimation. IEEE Nucl Sci Symp Conf Rec 5: 3881-3885.
- Stickel J.R., Qi, J., Cherry S.R. 2007. Fabrication and Characterization of a 0.5-mm Lutetium Oxyorthosilicate Detector Array for High-Resolution PET Applications. J. Nucl. Med., 48:115-121.
- Wu Y., Yang K, Packard N., Fu L., Stickel J., Tran V-H., Qi J., Boone J., Cherry S., Badawi R.
2006. Characteristics of the PET Component of a Dedicated Breast PET/CT Scanner Prototype. IEEE Nucl Sci Symp Conf Rec, 4: 2335 – 2339.
- Kim H., Cirignano L., Dokhale, P., Bennett P., Stickel J., Mitchell G., Cherry S., Squillante M., Shah K. 2006. CdTe Orthogonal Strip Detector for Small Animal PET. IEEE Nucl Sci Symp Conf Rec, 4: 3827-3830.
- Stickel J.R., Cherry S.R. 2005. High-resolution PET detector design: modelling components of intrinsic spatial resolution. Phys. Med. Biol., 50:179-195.
- Tai, Y-C., Chatziioannou A.F., Yang Y-F., Silverman, R.W., Meadors K., Siegel S., Newport D.F.,
Stickel J.R., Cherry S.R. 2003. MicroPET II: design, development and initial performance of an improved microPET scanner for small-animal imaging. Phys. Med. Biol. 48:1519-1537.
- Cody D., Stickel J., Johnson G., Boone J. Molecular Imaging I: The physics of molecular imaging. Medical Physics 33(6): 2160.
- Stickel J.R., Tai Y.C., Chatziioannou A.F., Yang Y.F., Silverman R.W., Meadors, K., Siegel S., Newport D., Cherry S.R. First results from microPET II: a high-resolution PET system for small animal imaging. Molecular Imaging 1(3):238.
- Stickel J. and Badawi R. The effect of mis-calibration of the CT on quantication of PET/CT images. Presented at 2007 Society of Nuclear Medicine Meeting.
- Wu Y., Yang K., Packard N., Fu L., Stickel J., Tran V-H., Qi J., Boone J.M., Cherry S.R., Badawi R.D. Characteristics of the PET Component of a Dedicated Breast PET/CT Scanner Prototype. Presented at 2006 IEEE Nuclear Science Symposium and Medical Imaging Conference.
- Mitchell G.S., Sinha S., Stickel J.R., Bowen S.L., Cirignano L.J., Dokhale P., Kim H., Shah K.S., Cherry S.R. CdTe Strip Detector Performnace for a High Resolution Small Animal PET System. Presented at 2006 IEEE Nuclear Sciences Symposium and Medical IMaging Conference.
- Kim H., Cirignano L.J., Dokhale P., Bennett P., Stickel J.R., Mitchell G.S., Cherry S.R., Squillante M.R., Shah K.S. CdTe Orthogonal Strip Detecotr for Small Animal PET. Presented at 2006 IEEE Nuclear Science Symposium and Medical Imaging Conference.
- Stickel J.R., Shah K., Kim H., Cirignano L., Cherry S.R. Pixelated cadmium zinc telluride (CZT) arrays: characterization and applications to positron emission tomography (PET). Presented at 2005 IEEE Nuclear Science Symposium and Medical Imaging Conference.
- Stickel J.R., Vaigneur K., Cherry S.R. Fabrication and experimental evaluation of a 0.5 mm LSO array for use in small animal PET imaging. Presented at 2005 IEEE Nuclear Science Symposium and Medical Imaging Conference.
- Catana C., Stickel J.R., Judenhofer M., Pichler B., Cherry S.R. Simultaneous PET-MRI – from detector modules to imaging system. Presented at 2005 Society for Molecular Imaging meeting.
- Stickel J.R., Cherry S.R. Monte Carlo simulation of photon interactions in scintillator crystals for high resolution PET applications. Presented at 2003 IEEE Nuclear Science Symposium and Medical Imaging Conference.
- Stickel J.R., Tai Y.C., Chatziioannou A.F., Yang Y.F., Silverman R.W., Meadors, K., Siegel S., Newport D., Cherry S.R. First results from microPET II: a high-resolution PET system for small animal imaging. Presented at 2002 Society for Molecular Imaging Meeting.