Jen Stickel has been with Colorado Associates in Medical Physics (CAMP) since 2007. She specializes in radiation physics and quality control of diagnostic and nuclear medicine imagining equipment. She is certified through the American Board of Radiology and the American Board of Science in Nuclear Medicine. Jen serves as our VP of Diagnostic/Nuclear Medicine Physics.
As a Medical Physicist with CAMP, Jen completes medical physics support including state inspection of radiographic systems, fluoroscopic systems, CT machines and mammography systems.. She is a qualified inspector and qualified expert with the state of Colorado. In addition to those inspections, Jen performs annual inspections of MRI machines and acceptance testing and annual physics checks of nuclear medicine cameras and PET/CT cameras. She completes radiation monitoring as well as shielding design and verifications. She advises clients on proper radiation safety in both x-ray and nuclear medicine departments. She specializes in radiopharmaceutial therapy support (Y-90 microspheres, Ra-223, Lu-177 etc) and radioactive material license concerns around them.
Jen completed her Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering at Boston University and completed her Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering at University of California-Davis.
Jen is based in Denver, Colorado.
- President – Board of Directors, IAC Nuclear Medicine / PET
- Chair – ABR Nuclear Medicine Part 2 exam committee
- Member – ABR Oral Exam – Nuclear Medicine
- Member – AAPM MPPG 14 (TG-356) Y-90 Microsphere radioembolization
- Member – AAPM TG-144 updates
Recent Presentations and Publications
- Busse N., Lofton B., Stickel J. Patient Dose Estimates After Lactated Ringer’s Related Breakthrough of a Rubidium-82 Generator. 2020 AAPM Annual Meeting ePoster
- Y-90: Physician and Physicist Perspectives. Moderator. Professional Symposium 2020 AAPM Annual Meeting
- Stickel J. Quality Assessment and Accreditation Requirements. 2019 Pacific Northwest SNMMI Meeting
- Lofton B. and Stickel J. CT Dose Measurments with Solid-state probes. 2017 AAPM ANnual Meeting Poster
- Stickel J. 2017 Health Policy and Economic Issues: Clinical Decision Support Systems: Why, What and Now What?. AAPM Newsletter. Vol 42 No 3
Jennifer is a mentor for CAMP’s residency program overseeing the “Mammography” and “PET” rotations. You can find her biosketch here: Jennifer Stickel Biosketch