Steven Jackson has been with Colorado Associates in Medical Physics (CAMP) since 2021. Steven specializes in Diagnostic Medical Physics and is certified through the American Board of Radiology.
As a Medical Physicist with CAMP, Steven provides Diagnostic Medical Physics and Radiation Safety Officer support to multiple radioactive materials licenses and State xray registrations. Steven has professional experience across the following areas: imaging equipment performance evaluations (incl. Mammography); radiation safety program design; radioactive materials licensing; ACR/TJC accreditation support; technical support for radiation dose monitoring software; radiation shielding design and verification; Medical Physicist support for therapeutic uses of radioactive materials (I-131, Y-90, and I-125); occupational radiation dosimetry; patient radiation dose calculation; radioactive waste collection and decay-in-storage; radiation safety training; and hazardous materials (Class 7) shipping.
Steven completed a Bachelor of Science in Applied Physics from Angelo State University (San Angelo, TX) and completed a Master of Science in Radiological Sciences at University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center (Oklahoma City, OK). Steven has been practicing as a Medical and Health Physicist since 2012 and has experience in both the academic and community hospital system environments.
Based in Durango, Colorado, Steven’s coverage area includes locations throughout western Colorado and northern New Mexico.
- Member – American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM) – 2011-Present
- Reviewer – Journal of Applied Clinical Medical Physics (JACMP) – 2014
- Session Chair (Diagnostic) – Southwest Chapter AAPM – 2017
- Member – AAPM Diagnostic Workforce Subcommittee Workshop Group – 2019-Present
- Member – AAPM Summer Undergraduate Fellowship Subcommittee (SFP) – 2019-Present
- Member – AAPM Professional Survey Subcommittee (PSS) – 2020-Present